|Archive data: Person was Research Assistant at IDSA from August 2010 to April 2016
Research Interests and Expertise
India-US High Technology Cooperation, US Export Control, India-US Defence and Security Relations, US Domestic Politics, US Foreign Policy (Asia), Indo-Pacific, and International Relations Theory
PhD in International Relations, American Studies Division, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi and MPhil in International Relations, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad. Both his PhD and MPhil research works focused on the Emerging Dimensions of India-US Security Relations. He was awarded the ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship and the UGC Doctoral Scholarship to undertake his doctoral research.
Dr Saroj is currently working with the North American Centre at the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA), New Delhi and Editor of The Week in Review (TWIR), IDSA’s newsletter. He previously served as an Assistant Editor, Journal of Defence Studies; and Research Associate at the YC-NISDA, University of Pune; Researcher at the Foundation for National Security Research (FNSR), New Delhi; and, Selected Works of Jawaharlal Nehru at the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund (JNMF), New Delhi. He has also taught international relations and theory at the Department of Political Science, School of Open Learning, University of Delhi.
- “The Obama Administration’s Approach to Terrorism in South and West Asia: Implications for India and India-US Relations” in S.D. Muni and Vivek Chadha (eds.), Asia Strategic Review 2016 - Terrorism: Emerging Trends
- “De-hyphenating of India-Pakistan Relations: United States Strategic Engagements with India and Pakistan” in Sanjay Kumar, Dhirendra Dwivedi and M.S. Hussain (eds.) India-Pakistan Relations: Issues and Challenges, New Delhi, G.B. Books with ARIDSS, 2015, pp. 127-144.
- “India-US Security Cooperation in Asia: Can India be a Net Security Provider?” in S.D. Muni and Vivek Chadha (eds.), Asia Strategic Review 2015: India as a Security Provider
- “US-India Security Relations: Focus on Post-9/11 Period” in Amulya K. Tripathy (ed.), Post 9/11 United States-India Relations: Towards an Active Engagement, New Delhi, Reference Press, 2013, pp. 255-286.
- “International Terrorism and Religious Extremism: Challenges to US and India”, in M. Saleem Kidwai (ed.), US Policy towards the Muslim World: Focus on Post-9/11 Period, Maryland, USA, University Press of America, 2010, pp. 267-288.
- “Onus on US to Boost Defence Ties with India”, The Pioneer, December 12, 2015
- “Awakening the Rip Van Winkle of India-US Tech Alliance”, The Pioneer, June 20, 2015
- “7th US-China Strategic & Economic Dialogue: Key Takeaways”, The Pioneer, July 18, 2015
- “Logistics Support Agreement: A Closer Look at the Impact on India-US Strategic Relationship”, Journal of Defence Studies, Vol. 7, No. 1, January–March 2013
- “Defence Diplomacy in US-India Strategic Relationship”, Journal of Defence Studies, Vol. 5, No. 1, January 2011
- “India-US High Technology Cooperation: Moving Forward”, IDSA Comment, February 16, 2011
- “Dual-Use Technology Transfer: Touchstone of US-India Strategic Relations”, The Tribune, June 10, 2010
- “US-India Strategic Partnership in Central Asia”, Journal of Peace Studies, Vol. 15, No. 1, January-March 2008.
- “India-Pakistan Relations and Prospects of SAFTA: Political Conflict vs. Economic Cooperation”, International Journal of South Asian Studies (IJSAS), Vol. 1, No. 2, July-December 2008.
- “Demilitarization in J&K: Politicization of National Security”, Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies (IPCS), New Delhi, Article No. 2524, March 26, 2008
- “India-Pakistan Relations and SAFTA”, Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies (IPCS), New Delhi, Article No. 2102, August 28, 2006
- “Geostrategic Imperative of the Indo-Pacific Region: Emerging Trends and Regional Responses”, Journal of Defence Studies, Vol. 10, No. 1, January–March 2016
- “No One’s World: The West, the Rising Rest, and the Coming Global Turn by Charles A. Kupchan”, Strategic Analysis, Vol. 38, Issue 3, May 2014
- “China’s Nightmare, America’s Dream: India as the Next Global Power by William H. Avery”, Strategic Analysis, Vol. 38, Issue 1, January 2014
- “Vortex of Conflict: US Policy toward Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq by Caldwell Dan”, Strategic Analysis, Vol. 37, Issue 2, March 2013
- “US Foreign Policy Today: American Renewal? by Steven W. Hook and James M. Scott”, Strategic Analysis, Vol. 36, Issue 2, March 2012
- “US Foreign Policy in Context: National Ideology from the Founders to the Bush Doctrine”, India Quarterly, Vol.68, No. 3, September 2012
- “Alex Mintz and Karl DeRouen Jr., Understanding Foreign Policy Decision Making”, Journal of Defence Studies, Vol 5, No 2, April 2011
Publications at IDSA