Normal working hours are:
Monday to Friday: 0930 – 1700 hrs
Saturday: 0930 – 1330 hrs
Library is closed on Sundays and all public holidays.
- Access to the Library is free for IDSA members. For information on becoming a member of the IDSA, please visit the membership webpages.
- Students/Researchers from Universities and Organizations (outside Delhi) who wish to avail the facilities of IDSA library are to coordinate with Librarian IDSA prior to their arrival at IDSA and present permission letter from respective Head of organization to the Librarian IDSA on arrival. Admission does not entitle you to borrow books. However photocopying is permitted from the photocopier placed in the library, on payment.
- Members of IDSA can avail borrowing facility with a refundable security amount of Rs. 2000/-.
- Members of the Institute may borrow up to two items for a period of 15 days. Items may be renewed for another loan period of 15 days, provided that the items have not been requested by another user.
- Once an item has reached its renewal limit, it must be returned to the Library and may be borrowed again by the same user only when it has been returned to the Library and no other user had booked it in advance.
- It is the borrower's responsibility to ensure that items are returned to the Library on time (please see "Renewals and Overdue Charges" below).
- Non-members cannot borrow any item from the Library.
- Certain publications such as IDSA publications, Yearbooks and all journals are for only for reference.
Renewals and Overdue Charges
- Borrowed items must be returned or renewed by 5:00 pm on the due date.
- Renewals may be made in person or by telephone or email during Library working hours.
- Fines for overdue items are charged at a rate of Rs. 2 per item per day.
- Fines must be paid before further books can be borrowed or existing loans renewed.
- Items lost while on loan will be charged to the borrower at the full replacement cost, including shipping/handling charges where applicable.
- Items not renewed (if applicable) or returned to the Library after three reminder notices have been issued, will be deemed to have been lost by the borrower and will be charged at the rates mentioned above.
A manned photocopier is available for use at the rate of 75 Paisa per exposure (A4 size paper). All photocopying must comply with copyright legislation.