West Asia Strategic Affairs, Counter-Terrorism
PhD, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (1995)
Ideological Counter-Narratives and Strategic Communications to Combat Jihadist Radicalization
Before joining the IDSA, Dr Adil Rasheed was Senior Research Fellow at the United Service Institution of India. He served at the Abu Dhabi-based Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research for eight years (2006-2014) and was Editor (Newsdesk) and political commentator at the Dubai-based daily Khaleej Times from 2000 to 2005. He has authored the book ISIS: Race to Armageddon (2015).
- ISIS: Race to Armageddon (Book Author). The book studies the so-called Islamic State’s origins, ideology, vision, mission, organization, administration, military strengths and weaknesses, warfare, global outreach, recruitment. It also covers the international response and implications for India’s security as regards the growing malicious influence of this jihadist group.
- Indian Ocean Region: Emerging Strategic Cooperation, Competition and Conflict Scenarios (Book Edited). This book (published in 2015) by the USI studies the growing India-China competition in the quest for strategic control of the world’s third largest ocean, emerging scenarios and recommendations for India’s maritime policies.
- Threat of Radicalization and Attempts at Developing Effective Counter Measures, IDSA’s Journal of Defense Studies (April-May Edition), the Institute of Defence and Security Analyses (IDSA).
- The ISIS’ Doctrinal Wedge, (DNA Newspaper, Mumbai-2 August 2016)
- The Rising Spectre of ISIS in Saudi Arabia (West Asia Monitor, Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi - March, 2016)
- ISIS: Money Behind the Monstrosity: (The Economic Times, April 9, 2015)
- The New Transnational Jihadi From India (New Age Islam, 13 August 2015)
- Australia-India Joint Naval Exercises: Reversing the Continental Drift (Sage International, Strategic Advice and Geopolitical Estimates, Australia, 2015)
- Neo-Ottomanism in Tatters (Khaleej Times, November 28, 2014)
- Securing India’s Interests in a Changing Middle East (IPCS, June 16, 2014)
- India and the Emerging Security Paradigm in the Gulf (DSA, June 27, 2014)
- Drones: At the Cutting Edge of Technology and International Law - Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR), 2013
- Leon Panetta, Former US Secretary of Defense
- Hans Blix: 1st Executive Chairman of the UNMOVIC, Iraq
- Mahathir Mohamed: Former Prime Minister of Malaysia
- Jaap de Hoop Scheffer Former NATO Chief
- Muhammad Yunus: Nobel Peace Prize winner