Dr. Yaqoob-ul Hassan completed his Ph D from Jamia Millia Islamia and his thesis is titled “Pakistan-US Relations after 9/11: An Analytical Study”. Before that, he studied for his Master’s degree in Political Science from the University of Kashmir.
He was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Istanbul University, Turkey, where he worked on a paper titled “Clash of Islamic and Secular Identities: A Comparative Study between Pakistan and Turkey”. His areas of interest include International Relations, South Asia, and Political Islam.
- “Balochistan: Now and Then”, Asian Studies, XXX (1), January-June 2012, pp. 41-52.
- “Afghan Conundrum”, Third Concept, 26 (307), September, 2012, pp. 7-10.
- Book Review, “Pakistan’s Drift into Extremism, Allah, Army, and the America’s War on Terror”, Islam and the Modern Age, XL (1), February, 2009, pp. 139-141.
- “Pak-Afghan Region: A Major Challenge to Peace in South Asia” in K. M. Sajad Ibrahim (ed.), South Asia: Post Nehruvian Dynamics of Diplomacy, New Delhi: New Century Publications, 2013, pp.216-231.
- “Pakistan: its Islamic Identity, Jihadist Upsurge, and the War on Terror”; forth coming in an edited book titled Understanding Pakistan.
Publications at IDSA [+]