India's Foreign and Security Policies
PhD in International Relations, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
India's Defence Policy since the end of the Cold War
Dr. Kalyan Raman is an alumnus of Loyola College, Chennai, Kings College London and Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. At IDSA, he is a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Defence Studies, and Review Advisor for The Week in Review.
- The Limits of the India-United Kingdom Defence Relationship, Journal of Defence Studies, January 2013
- Major Lessons from Operation Pawan for Future Regional Stability Operations, Journal of Defence Studies, July 2012.
- Asymmetric Warfare: A View from India, Strategic Analysis, March 2012.
- India and the Challenge of Terrorism in the Hinterland, Strategic Analysis, September 2010
- Thinking about Counter-Terrorism in India's National Strategy, INSP Working Paper, December 2010
- "The Future of War and Peace in Asia", Co-Editor, Magnum Books Pvt. Ltd., 2010
- The Challenge of Terrorism, Seminar, July 2009
- "Dawn of Independence and the Tribal Raid," in Virendra Gupta and Alok Bansal, eds., Pakistan Occupied Kashmir: The Untold Story (New Delhi: Manas, 2007).
- "Global Order and the Second World War," New Theme on Russian-Indian Affairs, May 2005.
- "The Indian Way in Counterinsurgency", in Efraim Inbar, ed., Democracies and Small Wars (Frank Cass: London, 2003).
- Evolving Conceptualisations of Guerrilla Warfare, Strategic Analysis, April-June 2003
- "Operation Parakram: An Indian Exercise in Coercive Diplomacy," Strategic Analysis, October-December 2002.
- Science and Technology for Development: India’s Space Programme, Strategic Analysis, February 1995