Non Traditional Security(NTS) including environmental security and climate change, military affairs, Tibet, and Kautilya’s Arthasastra.
‘An Introduction to Kautilya’s Arthasastra: Text and Concepts for Contemporary Times’ and Convener ICSSR sponsored international seminar on Kautilya, April 10, 2014.
Veteran of 1971 Indo-Pakistan War in Bangladesh and Operation Meghdoot (Siachen glacier). 14 years of research experience post premature retirement in 2000.
1. Environmental Security: Internal and External Dimensions and Response, New Delhi, USI of India /Knowledge World, 2003 and 2. Environmental Security: New Challenges and Role of Military, IDSA/Shipra Publishers, Delhi, 2010. 3. Current Issues in Climate Change, IDSA Occasional Paper 2014(forthcoming).
Working Group/Task Force Reports
1. Security Implications of Climate Change for India (2009) 2. Water Security (2010) 3. Task Force on Geopolitics of Climate Change : Implications for India’s Energy Security (ongoing).
1. Operation Bangladesh, New Delhi, Manas Publishers, 2007. 2. Composition and Regimental System of the Indian Army: Continuity and Change, Delhi,IDSA/Shipra Publications, 2008. 3. Renaissance of Military History and War Studies in India, IDSA Occasional Paper Number 21, November 2011. 4. Operational Lessons of the Wars of 21st Century, IDSA Monograph Series No.12, January 2013. 5. Indian Army in the East African Campaign in World War I, Africa Trends, July - September 2015.
1. IDSA Task Force Report Tibet and India’s Security: Himalayan Region, Refugees and Sino-India Relations, (co authors Jagannath P. Panda and Zakir Hussain), May 2012.
2. “Socio- Economic Changes in Tibet”, in Prabhat Shukla(ed.), Tibet : Perspectives and Prospects, New Delhi , Vivekanand International Foundation, Arya Publishers, 2014.
1. One Hundred Years of Kautilya’s Arthasastra, IDSA Monograph No. 20, July 2013.