Area of Interest
China and Nuclear Order, Chinese Views on War and Strategy, Strategic Force Modernisation, China and World Order, China-US, India Relations, Chinese Social and Cultural Politics, Security Dynamics in East Asia, Chinese Civilisation and Philosophy.
Missile Defence and China
- PhD (2016): China’s Nuclear Policy and Strategic Conduct, 1992-2008, Chinese Studies Division, Centre for East Asian Studies, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Senior Scholar (2011): Political Theory, School of Political Science and International Studies, Beijing Normal University.
- Senior Scholar (2010): Chinese Language, School of Chinese Language and Literature, Beijing Normal University
- MPhil (2008): Missile Defence and China’s Strategic Force Modernisation, Chinese Studies, Division, Centre for East Asian Studies, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- MA (2006): International Studies, Stella Maris College, Chennai
- BSc (2004): Mathematics, Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai
Dr M S Prathibha was a recipient of China Government Scholarship and Ministry of Human Resource Department (India) scholarship to China from 2009 to 2011. She has also conducted field trip through the Indian Council for Social Science Research (ICSSR) grant to China from March to May 2015.
Commentary (Peer-Reviewed Journal)
- M. S. Prathibha, “The Promise of China’s Cooperative Behaviour Towards India”, Strategic Analysis, 39 (6), November 2015.
Chapter in Edited Volume
- M. S. Prathibha (2017), "Kautilya and Sun Zi: Comparative Philosophical Analyses", in Michael Liebig and Saurabh Mishra (eds.), The Arthaśāstra in a Transcultural Perspective: Comparing Kautilya with Sun-Zi, Nizam al-Mulk, Barani and Machiavelli, New Delhi, IDSA, Pentagon Press, 2017.
- M. S. Prathibha, "Reform and Restructuring: Chinese Military in Transition", in China Year Book 2015: China's Transition Under Xi Jinping, Edited by Jagannath P. Panda, Pentagon Press, 2016
- M. S. Prathibha, “A Partnership of Mutual Expediency: China-Russia Relations in 2014”, in China Year Book 2014, ed. Prashant Kumar Singh, Magnum Pvt Ltd, IDSA Publication.
- M. S. Prathibha, “India”, in Global Expectations for Korean Unification, Kyurkoon Kim (eds), Korea Institute for National Unification, December 2014
- M. S. Prathibha, “Nuclear Developments in China in 2013”, China Yearbook 2013, ed. Naval Jagota, Magnum Books Pvt Ltd, ISBN 978-93-82512-24-0
- M. S. Prathibha, “Verifying Fissile Futures: View From India” in China-India Nuclear Crossroads, Lora Saalman (eds), Carnegie Endowment for International Peace: Washington, 2012, as a result of International Conference at Carnegie-Tsinghua Center for Global Policy in Beijing held in June 2011.
Commentary at IDSA