Brig Mandip Singh was commissioned into the Regiment of Artillery in 1983. He is a graduate of the Defence Services Staff College ,Wellington and done the Higher Command Course at Mhow.
He has commanded an Artillery Regiment in Jammu & Kashmir on the Line of Control and an Artillery Brigade in the Western sector.
His academic qualifications are BSc, MSc(Def Studies), MPhil and Dip in Mgt.
He is presently a Senior Fellow at the IDSA and a member of the China and East Asia cluster.
- Critical Assessment of China's Vulnerabilities in Tibet, IDSA Occasional Papers, 2013.
- Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir—A Buffer State in the Making?, Strategic Analysis, January 2013.
- The Significance of 2020 in the Sino-Indian Context, Journal of Defence Studies, January 2013.
- Edited, China Year Book 2011, Institute for Defence Studies and Analysis (IDSA), 2012.
- `Conversion of Line of Control into a Soft Border and its Implications on National Security`, War College Journal, Spring 2008, pg 26-33.
Publications at IDSA