Publisher: Institute for Defence Studies and Analysis (IDSA)
Price: Rs. 299/-  
An annual publication from the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA), The China Year Book 2011 is a round-up of events and issues of significance that occurred in China during the past year and covers foreign relations, the economy, military, media, and politics in the country.
The Year Book seeks to promote a better understanding of contemporary issues affecting China and their impact on India. This first edition of an annual series of year books is a compilation of incisive chapters focussing on China’s relations with the US, South Asia, ASEAN, Japan and East Asia, Central and West Asia, and the SCO. India-China relations—of considerable interest and significance to India—are discussed as are the Chinese economy, media, the People’s Liberation Army, and the political landscape inside the country.
A one-stop reference for significant events in China during the past year, the Year Book has been compiled by IDSA scholars and China specialists. It would be useful for scholars and researchers, diplomats, journalists, strategic affairs experts as well as the interested general reader who seeks to know more about China.
1. Sino-Indian Relations in 2011: Two Steps Forward, One Step Backward
Rup Narayan Das
2. China's Current Central Asia Policy: Revisiting Priorities
Jagannath P Panda
3. China and South Asia: Dragon Displacing the Elephant?
South Asia Centre
4. China-US Relations in 2011: Stymied by Strategic Mistrust
5. China and ASEAN in 2011: Redefining a Relationship
Udai Bhanu Singh
6. China's Relations with Japan, Koreas: Measured Caution
Shamshad A Khan
7. China-Australia Relations in 2011: Glass Half Empty or Half Full?
8. China and West Asia in 2011: Threat or Opportunity?
M Mahtab Alam Rizvi
9. China's Political Landscape: Preparing for Transistion
10. The Chinese Economy in 2011: Retrospect and Prospects
Joe Thomas Karackattu
11. The China's Military in 2011: Modernisation on Track
Brigadier Mandip Singh, VSM
12. Chinese Society in 2011: Some Observations
About the Authors
Please email us at publication [at] idsa.in or call +91-11-2671 7983 (Ext. 7303)